1. marked by diversity or difference; "the varying angles of roof slope"; "nature is infinitely variable"
1. make or become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence; "her mood changes in accordance with the weather"; "The supermarket's selection of vegetables varies according to the season"
(synonym) change, alter
(hyponym) alternate, jump
(derivation) version, variant, variation, edition
2. be at variance with; be out of line with
(synonym) deviate, diverge, depart
3. be subject to change in accordance with a variable; "Prices vary"; "His moods vary depending on the weather"
(derivation) magnetic declination, magnetic variation, variation
4. make something more diverse and varied; "Vary the menu"
(synonym) variegate, motley
(hyponym) checker, chequer