1. an asset of special worth or utility; "cooking is his forte"
(synonym) strong suit, long suit, metier, specialty, speciality, strong point, strength
(hypernym) asset, plus
(hyponym) green thumb, green fingers
2. (music) with great loudness
(hypernym) volume, loudness, intensity
3. the stronger part of a sword blade between the hilt and the foible
(hypernym) part, portion
(part-holonym) sword, blade, brand, steel
1. used chiefly as a direction or description in music; "the forte passages in the composition"
(antonym) piano, soft
1. used as a direction in music; to be played relatively loudly
(antonym) piano, softly