1. an arithmetic operation performed on floating-point numbers; "this computer can perform a million flops per second"
(synonym) floating-point operation
(hypernym) computer operation, machine operation
2. someone who is unsuccessful
(synonym) dud, washout
(hypernym) failure, loser, nonstarter, unsuccessful person
3. a complete failure; "the play was a dismal flop"
(hyponym) turkey, bomb, dud
(derivation) fall through, fall flat, founder
4. the act of throwing yourself down; "he landed on the bed with a great flop"
1. fall loosely; "He flopped into a chair"
(hypernym) collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder
2. fall suddenly and abruptly
(hypernym) descend, fall, go down, come down
3. fail utterly; collapse; "The project foundered"
(synonym) fall through, fall flat, founder
(hypernym) fail, go wrong, miscarry
1. with a flopping sound; "he tumbled flop into the mud"
2. exactly; "he fell flop on his face"