1. an unceremonious and disorganized struggle
(hypernym) struggle, battle
(derivation) jumble, throw together
2. rushing about hastily in an undignified way
(synonym) scamper, scurry
(hypernym) haste, hurry, rush, rushing
1. to move hurriedly; "The friend scrambled after them"
(hypernym) travel, go, move, locomote
(derivation) scamper, scurry
2. climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
(synonym) clamber, shin, shinny, skin, struggle, sputter
3. bring into random order
(synonym) jumble, throw together
(hypernym) disorder, disarray
4. stir vigorously; "beat the egg whites"; "beat the cream"
(hypernym) agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up
(hyponym) whisk, whip
(classification) cooking, cookery, preparation
5. make unintelligible; "scramble the message so that nobody can understand it"
(hypernym) change, alter, modify