Definition of Nomoi
Get Babylon's Dictionary & Translation Software Free Download Now!
Nomoi Definition from Encyclopedia Dictionaries & Glossaries
English Wikipedia - The Free Encyclopedia
Nomos or Nomoi may refer to:
- the Greek term for "law" (, nómoi). It is the origin of the suffix -onomy, as in astronomy, economy, or taxonomy.
- custom, traditional social norm, the equivalent of Latin Mores
- Nomos (music), in early Greek culture, the traditional melody types used by the singer for the recitation of the epics, and all-known melody types used by citharedes and auletes in musical contests.
- Nomos (mythology), "the spirit of law" in Greek mythology
- Nomos (sociology), "meaningful orders or worldviews of individuals" in Peter L. Berger's sociology of religion
- the Greek νομός, meaning "pasture, field; division, distribution; district, province"
- Nome (Egypt), a subdivisions of Ancient Egypt
- Nome (Greece), the administrative division immediately below the peripheries of Greece (, nomoí)
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|