1. the process of becoming hard or solid by cooling or drying or crystallization; "the hardening of concrete"; "he tested the set of the glue"
(synonym) hardening, solidifying, solidification, set
(hypernym) natural process, natural action, action, activity
(hyponym) congealment, congelation
1. a medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain
(synonym) remedy, curative
(hypernym) medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug
(derivation) bring around, heal
1. provide a cure for, make healthy again; "The treatment cured the boy's acne"; "The quack pretended to heal patients but never managed to"
(synonym) bring around, heal
(hypernym) help, aid
(entail) treat, care for
(derivation) remedy, curative
(classification) medicine, practice of medicine
2. prepare by drying, salting, or chemical processing in order to preserve; "cure meats"; "cure pickles"
(hypernym) preserve, keep
(derivation) hardening, solidifying, solidification, set, curing
3. make (substances) hard and improve their usability; "cure resin"
(hypernym) harden, indurate
4. be or become preserved; "the apricots cure in the sun"