1. a boy or man; "that chap is your host"; "there's a fellow at the door"; "he's a likable cuss"
(synonym) fellow, feller, lad, gent, fella, blighter, cuss
(hypernym) male, male person
2. a long narrow depression in a surface
(synonym) crevice, cranny, crack, fissure
(hypernym) depression, impression, imprint
3. a crack in a lip caused usually by cold
(hypernym) crack, cleft, crevice, fissure, scissure
4. (usually in the plural) leather leggings without a seat; joined by a belt; often have flared outer flaps; worn over trousers by cowboys to protect their legs
(hypernym) legging, legin, leg covering
(classification) plural, plural form
1. crack due to dehydration; "My lips chap in this dry weather"