1. a serious (often fatal) disease of the immune system transmitted through blood products especially by sexual contact or contaminated needles
(synonym) acquired immune deficiency syndrome
1. a resource; "visual aids in teaching"; "economic assistance to depressed areas"
(synonym) assistance, help
(derivation) help, assist
2. the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
(synonym) assist, assistance, help
3. a gift of money to support a worthy person or cause
(synonym) economic aid
4. the work of caring for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needed constant attention"
(synonym) care, attention, tending
(hyponym) hair care, haircare, hairdressing
1. give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
(synonym) help, assist
(hypernym) support, back up
(hyponym) facilitate, ease, alleviate
(derivation) assistance, help
2. improve the condition of; "These pills will help the patient"
(hypernym) better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
(hyponym) bring around, cure, heal
(derivation) care, attention, tending